Sought for by: Six elderly religious sisters living in Albany, NY. Information about the Society of the Sacred Heart can be found on rscj.org
Summary of Position: This flexible position works generally 30 hours per week Monday-Friday (and some weekends) to provide meals for the community. The position requires the entire management of the kitchen from shopping, stocking, cleaning to preparing self-serve and table ready meals. The position also requires meal preparation for special gatherings and events including birthdays, feast days, holidays and funeral receptions. A substantial soup is prepared and left for Sunday dinner. Lunches and Saturday dinner consist of left-overs.
Reporting and Working Relationships: This position reports to the Director of Abba House. The Director will work with the Chef on hours, menus, food plans, shopping and any special events.
Experience and Job Requirements:
- Experience working with a restaurant, hotel or other kitchen setting as a chef/cook
- Enjoy preparing a variety of healthy, fresh meals for different dietary needs
- Get to know the sisters and their tastes
- Friendly, personable, and a good communicator
- Must have your own vehicle and insurance
- Able to shop and lift up to 25 lbs
- Able to be on your feet and standing for some time
- Able to carry trays and serve sisters at table
- Able to clean kitchen floors, counters, cabinets and keep it sanitized. Removes trash and recycling
- Able to shop economically and avoid wastefulness as much as possible
Compensation: This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Hourly wage is $25.00 per hour. Background check and E-verify is required.
If interested in applying, please send resumé and references to email@example.com