A native of Edgard, Louisiana, Ann Caire, RSCJ, was one of three sisters who entered the Society of the Sacred Heart. She entered in 1951 and made her first vows March 8, 1954. Her final profession was in Rome, February 8, 1960.
A lifelong educator, Sister Caire’s first assignment was at Clifton Academy of the Sacred Heart in Cincinnati. She also taught at Villa Duchesne / Oak Hill (St. Louis, 1956-59), the Academy of the Sacred Heart in New Orleans (The Rosary, 1960) and Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart (Houston, 1960-74). She served as head of school at Villa Duchesne / Oak Hill from 1977 to 2001. She returned to Duchesne Academy, Houston, in 2001, to serve as head of the middle school. Since 2009, she has worked as an aide in the advancement office there.
Sister Ann Caire served as superior in Houston and was a member of the provincial team for the St. Louis Province, 1974-77. She also served on the boards of Sacred Heart schools in Omaha and Chicago and at Maryville College.
Sister Caire earned her Bachelor of Arts in elementary education from Maryville College in St. Louis. Master’s degree in counseling came from Our Lady of the Lake College.