Housing on the SLU Campus
Marchetti Tower East, 3520 Laclede Ave., St. Louis, MO 63103
Marchetti Tower West, 3530 Laclede Ave., St. Louis, MO 63103
Rooms will be available from 9 a.m. on Wednesday, July 12, 2017.
Main check-out window is between 8 a.m. and noon on Sunday, July 16, 2017. All guests must be checked out by 3 p.m.
Marchetti Towers Include
- Kitchenette; refrigerator, stove, sink, pantry (No microwave, utensils, plates, cups, pots, pans, etc.)
- Full-sized washer and dryers in basement of Marchetti Tower
- Stoves are cleaned after the students move out and prior to use by summer conferences. Guests are welcome to use the stoves, but they are required to leave the stove in the same clean condition or there is an extra “housekeeping” charge of $22/hour to re-clean.
- One full-sized bathroom per double apartment. No maid service.
A linen packet is placed on each bed. Beds are not made.
- “Linen Packet” = Pillow case, two sheets, towel, washcloth, small bar of soap
- “Basic Bedding” = Pillow, bed spread or blanket, loose mattress pad
Not Included in the Rooms
- No phone
- No lamps
- No television
- No microwave
- No radio
- No alarm clock
- No wall clock
- No drinking cups
- No dishes, pots, pans, utensils
- No hairdryers
- No clothes hangers (These will be available at check-in at Spirituality Forum.)
- No coffee maker (Early morning coffee will be in a central location for the Spirituality Forum.)
- No iron or ironing board (Iron/ironing board will be in a central location for the Spirituality Forum.)
- No “maid service”
- No linen exchange (Free washers and dryers available in all housing locations. Bring your own detergent.)
Rules for Use of University Housing
All groups and persons will adhere to the guidelines, rules and policies established by Saint Louis University governing conduct and the use of its residence hall facilities. Individuals and groups are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. Additionally, the following rules must be observed:
- No animals or pets, except for seeing-eye dogs, are permitted on the premises.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the residence halls, apartments or any SLU building.
- Alcohol is only permitted at events catered by the approved University vendor, ARAMARK. Open containers of alcoholic beverages are prohibited in any public place on campus.
- Guests are expected to comply with Missouri State Laws. The unlawful possession, use, consumption or distribution of illicit drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Tampering with or misusing safety equipment (exit signs, smoke detectors, fire/smoke barrier door, etc.,) is prohibited.
- Fire and smoke barrier doors must be kept closed at all times.
- No candles or incense is permitted on the premises.
- Vandalism and damaging, building, furniture or fixtures will not be tolerated.
- Furniture may not be moved from public areas or individual rooms without permission from University staff.
- No decorations or alterations may be made in any rooms or to the building without obtaining written permission from the University.
- No cooking or use of hotplates and similar appliances is permitted except in apartment style units.
- Playing athletic games, rough housing or using any athletic equipment within the building is not permitted (soccer, football, basketball, roller blades, etc.) Avoid striking fire water sprinkler heads.
- Guests may not remove screens or storm windows except in emergencies.
- Guests may not refuse to allow qualified University personnel into a room for the purpose of a health, fire, safety, housekeeping or maintenance inspection or to perform maintenance or other job duties.
- All fire, safety, traffic, parking and public safety requirements must be observed at all times.
- Lost keys/ID-Building Access Cards, towels and other items shall be charged to user based on the schedule of charges established from time to time by the Department of Residence Life.
- Residence hall lobbies are common spaces and are not to be used as location for meals. All on-campus meals must be arranged with ARAMARK and use the University approved dining hall.
Upon the request of the manager or his or her designee, user shall remove any individual(s) violating said rules and policies from the University’s premises.
Lost Key /Building Access ID Card Fees
Room keys and Building Access ID Card are issued at registration. Check-out is not complete until every key and ID/Prox card are accounted for and/or paid for. Each conference guest must return his or her room key(s) and building access ID/Prox card himself or herself on the day they check out. Keys/cards will be accepted on an individual basis only. Each guest is accountable for the return of his or her own key(s)/ and Prox card. All keys / swipe cards not returned on check-out date are deemed “lost,” and subject to lost key fees of $25 per CORE and $25 per card.
Each guest will be issued one key and one ID/Prox card (for building access)
Fees assessed will be:
- $25 per lost apartment key
- $25 per lost attached summer conference id/prox card