Born in Nagasaki, Japan, Kinue Matsuzaki, RSCJ, known as Sister Matsu, joined the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1947 in Tokyo and devoted her energies to education. She came to the United States for the first time in 1962, where she baked up to eighty pies a day at Kenwood (!) – and also began to study art.
Six Religious of the Sacred Heart call the Detroit area home, including three in the Academy of the Sacred Heart (Bloomfield Hills) school community which abuts the grounds of the school.
- Bridget Bearss, RSCJ, is head of Academy of the Sacred Heart, and firmly committed to the success of the Academy.
- Kinue (Anna) Matzusaki, RSCJ, is an artist and gardener, whose work lifts the spirits of all around.
- Anne Eppig, RSCJ, is a staff member at the Academy, involved with the school archives and with the infant-toddler program, as well as helping to provide a welcoming spirit to the school.
- Rosemary Roney, RSCJ and Yeong-Ja Park, RSCJ, live together in Troy, Michigan, just minutes from the Academy of the Sacred Heart in Bloomfield Hills. Both serve in a variety of ministries. Sister Roney works at the Manresa Jesuit retreat center as a spiritual director. Sister Park is a part-time member of the maintenance staff at the Academy of the Sacred Heart.
- Annette Zipple, RSCJ, lives independently and serves in a ministry of prayer.