All that the religious of the Sacred Heart (RSCJ) do in their lives and their ministries is done with the heart of an educator, whether it is in a school setting or elsewhere. This commitment to educate young people and to empower them to have a transformative influence on their own lives and on the greater community stems from our founder, Saint Madeleine Sophie Barat.
Inspired by her vision, Religious of the Sacred Heart (RSCJ) see the Society’s mission as revealing the Love of God in the heart of the world. Each RSCJ advances this mission with the heart of an educator.
“Faithful to her inspiration and like her open to new situations, we make her desires our own.
- that people become ever more aware of the truth, of love and freedom
- that they discover the significance of their lives, and devote themselves to others
- that they take part creatively in the common effort to transform the world
- that they be enabled to encounter the love of Jesus
- that they let their lives be shaped by an active faith.”
International Networks of Sacred Heart Schools
The experience of networking extends beyond Canada and the United States, as the Schools of the Sacred Heart are affiliated with colleagues engaged with the Society in more than 30 countries around the globe. The Network of Sacred Heart Schools offers a program of both domestic and international exchange to its students. The Sacred Heart exchange program has existed for over 40 years and has engaged more than 2,500 students from Sacred Heart Schools in Canada and the United States along with a multitude of international students.