The Society of the Sacred Heart is an international Catholic women’s religious congregation. The United States – Canada (USC) Province has its central Provincial offices in St. Louis, Missouri. Our mission is rooted in a long educational tradition that now finds expression in multiple ways and areas. Drawing from our 200+ year tradition, themission of the Society is to discover and reveal God’s love in the heart of the world through education, justice and spiritual works. The USC Province is part of a larger regional structure with our Spanish-speaking Provinces in the Antilles and Mexico.
The Society is seeking a full-time Director of Communications and Marketing with the possibility of a hybrid position that will require regular travel to St. Louis. The international Society is in the process of reorganization for therevitalization of life and mission. Communication that increases our visibility, enhances our mission and strengthens relationships with mission partners is critical to a successful transition. The new Director will play a key role as we launch into a new, exciting model for religious life in the 21st century.
Title: Director of Communications and Marketing
Reports to: Provincial
Collaborates with: Provincial Leadership Team, Office of Advancement, Stuart Center for Mission, Publications Committee, and Associate Leadership Team.
Direct reports: Creative Director, Media Coordinator, Writer/Copy Editor
Employer: The Society of the Sacred Heart, United States – Canada Province
The Director of Communications and Marketing will:
- Lead strategic communications and public relations efforts that promote success in our mission areas of education, social justice, and spirituality.
- Lead a process of reviewing and updating our branding efforts across various sectors and constituency groups.
- Develop and lead implementation of a strategic marketing and communications plan that is integrated with the overarching strategic plan of the USC Province.
- Collaborate with internal and external constituents across the US and Canada to develop a communications plan for advancing the visibility of the Society with key target audiences.
- Provide oversight of content look and editing of the Society’s digital publications and single biennial print publication.
- Support and collaborate with the Advancement Office and the Office of Youth and Vocation Ministry to increase visibility, develop integrated communications campaign, and promote programs, events and philanthropic giving.
- Liaise and deepen relationships with Sacred Heart mission partners and entities.
- Provide leadership and direction for the USC Province Publications Committee.
- Directs members of the Communications Team.
- Develop and manage department operating and project budgets including external contracts.
- Participate in issuing timely and coordinated communications (e.g., position statements) around issues of social concern. This requires working closely with the Director of Justice, Peace & Integrity of Creation as well as theProvincial Team who provide primary leadership in this activity.
- Appreciates and reflects the mission and core values of the Society of the Sacred Heart as well as the social justice teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field required. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in communications, marketing, public relations or other related field with a mission-centered organization. A faith-based organization is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of trends and best practices in brand management, public relations, strategic marketing and communications technologies.
- Excellent skills in communications with the creativity necessary to design and implement effective communications strategies.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (written, oral and technological) are a must.
- Experience in the development and implementation of a broad-based communications plan.
- Proven ability to collaborate with a multi-functional team; maintaining respectful, positive working relationshipswith all co-workers and exercising good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
- Demonstrates a shared leadership approach without forfeiting responsibility for implementation of the essential functions as the Director.
- Demonstrated ability to produce content for a range of communication platforms, primarily digital.
- Proficient in managing social media platforms, web content management, and design-related software such as Adobe InDesign, Canva, etc. and data management platforms such as Blackbaud.
- Bi-lingual English-Spanish strongly preferred.
- Cultural competency reflected in working nimbly across cultural, ethnic and linguistic settings.
- Highly motivated self-directed person who exercises initiative and creativity.
- Innovative, entrepreneurial approach to communications management for a broad-based, diverse population.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple projects and viewpoints, meet deadlines, and flexibility to respond to unplanned opportunities and needs.
- Ability to respond to and integrate feedback from peers and supervisors; ability to communicate feedbackto individuals and groups in a way that is clear, productive and sensitive to the relationship.
- Should be able to assume both a leadership and collaborative/supportive role in work with other individuals or groups.
- Able to travel domestically as needed for projects, events, etc. Some international travel required.
Submit a cover letter, resume and three references to Lisa Terneus at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 20, 2023.
To learn more about us, explore this website and visit the International Society of the Sacred Heart website: rscjinternational.org.