As long-time readers of Heart magazine know, the cover typically depicts an image of a heart in nature. In an effort to connect with the wider Sacred Heart community, the Society of the Sacred Heart, United States – Canada Province, is holding a photo contest!
Enter for a chance to have your photo on the cover of a future issue of Heart magazine. Whether you’re a beginner, hobbyist, seasoned professional, or student, we welcome any and all to submit original photographs.
Photo contest rules and guidelines
Please read the following before submitting your work.
- The subject matter must be heart shaped and it must have been made and be present in nature.
- Please make sure your camera is on the highest setting to produce the highest resolution photograph.
- All submissions should be hi-res .jpg format suitable for print production. Minimum size for photo is 1 MB.
- Take multiple photos, and try a close-up shot. Fill the frame if you have a busy background.
- Shoot vertical, not horizontal. Keep in mind, Heart magazine is a vertical page format.
- Only photos may be submitted for the cover contest. Drawings or digital art will not be considered.
- Participants may submit up to 3 images for contest consideration.
- Each file should be named with your full name (e.g. Jane_Doe.jpg). Multiple entries should be named with your full name followed by consecutive numbers (e.g. Jane_Doe_1.jpg).
Submission Deadline: May 31, 2022
For questions on contest rules and guidelines, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winners will be announced by July 1, 2022.